[Clipart] transparent turkeys

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Thu Jan 6 14:03:54 PST 2005

Nicu Buculei wrote:

>> You all should forward these errors to the inkscape mailing list to
>> see what is up.
>

> both bugs were closed before Inkscape .40 release, so i expect the
> current version to be OK.
> probably the real problem is for us to:
> - replace the known broken images in our repository;
> - find and correct other broken images.

Ok...sounds like a plan. We could maybe do this from commandline to find them:

find OpenClipart/ -name "*.svg" | xargs grep -l "fill-opacity:0.75000000;"

Here are the files I found that might be afflicted with this problem. Hence,
some files might just have this fill-opacity by design...It appears that there
are 839 files that have this fill-opacity in them. Is there are more robust test
for this error so that we can see if we are fixing the files?

Here is the folder I checked: /home/rejon/clipart.freedesktop.org

Here is where I put the log of files that need to be checked and cleaned:

http://openclipart.org/inkscapeSVGbug.log

This might be a good task for some of y'all that want to get involved in the
project.

How should we go about cleaning up these files? What is the best way? This is
where Bryce's DMS could really be handy in checking out all versions and then
doing an update and commit to files in the repository.

Thoughts on how to fix this?

jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

Inkscape (http://inkscape.org)