[Clipart] OpenClipart and Debian.

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Fri Jan 14 08:00:28 PST 2005

Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
> Nicu Buculei <nicu at apsro.com> writes:
>>Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:
>>
>>>If so, should the various pirate flags have it?
>>
>>maybe organization, fictional, not-country, funny
>

> I don't understand.  Are these pirate flags fictional?  I had assumed
> they were historic.

this is an interesting history of the pirate flag:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jolly_roger

how we define the historic status of a flag? that it was used by
somebody in the past? that it was used as the official symbol for an
organization (or state) at a moment in time?

i can't give an authoritative answer if the pirate flag should be
considered historic or not

--
nicu