[Clipart] The PNG problem in Windows Internet Explorer

Jose Hevia 100026838 at alumnos.uc3m.es
Thu Jan 20 06:11:43 PST 2005

> Hi to the list,
>

> compliments to authors for the openclipart project. There is a problem
> in Windows Internet Explorer 5.5 and upwards that is
> described in this page http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bobosola/index.htm.
>
> The problem is that explorer ignore alpha transparency in a png image,
> visualizing the background with the grey color.
>
> It exists a solution in Javascript that fix the bug in
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bobosola/index.htm.
>
> Excuse me for my poor english. :-)
>
> Bye.

  This is a known problem for a long time(years),Microsoft doesn't want
to fix it,simply.So if Microsoft doesn't support standards,don't use its
products,making web hacks to a valid page so it could be viewed in a bad
browser is not a valid solution.

  As you said ,there IS A PROBLEM IN MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER,so is
Explorer the one to be fixed.Not OCAL.

  Sorry for being so impolite , but it makes me burn when an arrogant
company use its power to force you with its dependency.(and self giving
more power).
                                        Jose Hevia