[Clipart] Site down because of wordpress vulnerability

turnip at turnipspatch.com turnip at turnipspatch.com
Tue Jul 5 03:51:59 PDT 2005

> Jon Phillips wrote:
>> On Mon, 2005-07-04 at 22:49 -0700, Jon Phillips wrote:
>>
>>>I just got back from US 4th of July festivities to find this nicety.
>>>
>>>(17:21:57) daniels: i've just disabled the clipart.fd.o site because it
>>>runs wordpress, which has an xmlrpc vulnerability in it
>>>(17:22:31) daniels: see
>>>http://www.gulftech.org/?node=research&article_id=00088-07022005
>>>

>> Ok, I've removed wordpress until turnip and I can sort out the security
>> issue. The site is live once more.
>
> A solution could be tu update WordPress to the latest version, which is
> patched - http://codex.wordpress.org/Changelog/1.5.1.3

Yes, Jon would've done that but I had the permissions set wrongly so he
couldn't access wp/. Now I seem to have buggered them totally and can't
access it myself, so will probably have to see if daniels can reset them
for me. But yes, the end goal is to update WP. At least the site is no
longer down.