[Clipart] 0.15 Release

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Thu Jul 7 02:26:06 PDT 2005

Jon Phillips wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-07-07 at 11:33 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
>
>>forgot to add: if I had write access to the Incoming folder I would
>>cleaned it myself, but it seems nobody has write access there (nobody
>>else except www-data)
>

> Really, this needs to be changed. Jonadab, can you do this?

the problem is as this: the web server is the one writing files on disk,
no naturally, Apache is the owner.
for us to be able to modify them, a chown must be made either by a
superuser or by the user as which Apache runs.
I don't know enough Perl to say if is possible from the upload script to
perform a chown/chmod but I would expect so.

--
nicu