[Clipart] Open Clip Art Library Release 0.15 Announcement

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Thu Jul 7 18:15:00 PDT 2005

Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> writes:

> > Also, openclipart-0.15-svgonly.zip is supposed to be 60M, but isn't
> > much more than 1M.
>
> Jonadab?

If you want to fix that one, unzip or untar a copy of the package, and
do this:

rm */*.png
rm */*.txt
rm */*/*.png
rm */*/*.txt
rm */*/*/*.png
rm */*/*/*.txt
rm */*/*/*/*.png
And so on.

Then rename the containing directory to add -svgonly on the end and
zip up the results.

Or just remove the link from downloads/index.php and we'll live
without the svgonly release this month; I really don't know how many
people were downloading that version anyway.  If people complain it's
not there this time, then we'll find out ;-)

Oh, the news on my workstation:  Sometimes it boots, especially after
it's been turned off for a few moments.  Sometimes it doesn't.  I
suspect the drive is dying.  I should be able to rescue from it all
the data that I need, but I probably should get myself a fresh hard
drive before proceeding.  (That's getting to be an old story for me.
I've half a mind to start keeping a spare around.  My vintage-1998
Western Digital drive still works great, if only 4GB weren't so tiny
by today's standards, I'd use that.)  While I'm at it I should
probably install a newer distribution; I've been using Mandrake 9.2,
putting off the upgrade because it's a pain, but if I've gotta
reinstall anyway...  (Hmmm...  Perhaps I should try out Debian again,
now that there's an official Debian release that wasn't once used by
the Achaemenids...)