[Clipart] Re: chmod 775

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Fri Jul 8 07:40:11 PDT 2005

Umm, I was just going through my inbox (where my unsorted mail lands)
and found some messages there that didn't make it into my folder of
OCAL-related mail...

I've added an explicit filtering rule for Jon Phillips (and a couple
of other people), but in general, please put the [Clipart]
subject-line tag in any OCAL-related mail that you send me.  It helps
my sorting get it in the right folder where I will see it in a timely
fashion.  Thanks.

Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> writes:

> Jonadab...can you please do chmod 775 to the
> http://www.openclipart.org/downloads/0.13 folder please so I can move
> the tar.gz and tar.bz2 into there.

Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> writes:

> Can you chmod -R 775 the folder /downloads/0.14
>
> You own it and I need to put the exe in there...thx!

I imagine those first two are no longer very relevant now?  (And, I
was almost sure that I *did* make those folders group-writable... but
I can't log in now to check.)

Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> writes:

> Jonadab,
>
> When doing site updates I'm getting errors on the tools. Can you
> check this out please?
>
> cvs commit: Up-to-date check failed for
> `tools/clipart-authority-control.pl'
> cvs commit: Up-to-date check failed for
> `tools/convert-release-to-browse.pl'
> cvs commit: Up-to-date check failed for `tools/keyword'
> cvs commit: Up-to-date check failed for `tools/propagate-metadata.pl'
> cvs [commit aborted]: correct above errors first!

I don't know a lot about cvs, but is it possible you need to do cvs
update first before attempting to check in?

> I just added my contact form really quick...and it looks good now. I
> added the stripslashes and also email checking...is there anything else
> I should add to make it more secure
>
> http://www.openclipart.org/contact.php

I tend to like making things run under taint checking also, at least
during development.  It can catch things you'd overlook otherwise.

Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> writes:

> I moved the old tools folder to tools-old and updated to add a new
> tools folder. I think everything is working, but if not, the old one
> is still there ;)
>
> I had to do to add my updates to cvs...

The new versions that I checked in for 0.15, did they incorporate your
changes?  (I did cvs update before making my changes, so it *should*
be okay...  but you might want to check, as I don't know that much
about how cvs works yet, and stuff like moving files is complex enough
that I'm not very confident predicting cvs' behavior.)