[Clipart] How to deal with donations?

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sun Jul 10 16:02:06 PDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-07-10 at 15:31 -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:

> > > Yeah, it's just through sourceforge.
> >
> > Far as I remember that is only marginally better than Paypal.  I believe
> > it is paypal but with a few extras.
>
> Well, SourceForge's usage policy requires that if you set up donations
> using their hardware, you *have* to use it.
>
> You're right that it's just paypal.  Plus, SourceForge takes a buck too.

There has to be a better way to deal with this. I emailed the fd.o list
asking how they deal with.

The best would be to have an abstracted foundation that could deal with
money and that way the money is ours to deal with and we don't have to
give sf.net or paypal a cut. I think better to have some abstracted way
to deal with these things. Is anyone an expert on this type of thing?

jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

Inkscape (http://inkscape.org)