[Clipart] How to deal with donations?

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Mon Jul 11 08:57:13 PDT 2005

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, Jonadab the Unsightly One wrote:

> Paypal will still take a cut if you use paypal to transfer the funds.
> The credit card companies will take an even larger cut, if you accept
> credit cards.  If you want to avoid that, use personal checks, or cash.

Just sharing my experience: I have used PayPal for four years for maybe
over a hundred transactions and maybe around US$20,000 total. It has
worked well for me until recent. I had a long-time (four year) customer
who paid by PayPal. I withdrew the money. A week later, I received an
email from PayPal (and it is a miracle I saw it since I get many PayPal
scams too) saying that the purchaser had some PayPal fraud problem.

Anyways, a few days later -- instead of penalizing the company that paid
me -- they put my account in the negative and told me I owed PayPal. So
when another customer paid me, I lost my money automatically.

I wish PayPal would just go after the purchaser and not me.

  Jeremy C. Reed

  	  	 	 BSD News, BSD tutorials, BSD links
 	  	 	 http://www.bsdnewsletter.com/