[Clipart] OpenClipart added to Ark Linux

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Tue Jul 12 13:27:15 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-12 at 16:47 +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005, Jon Phillips wrote:
>
> > Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 12:54:39 -0700
> > From: Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org>
> > To: Jonathan Leighton <turnip at turnipspatch.com>
> > Cc: bero at arklinux.org, clipart at lists.freedesktop.org
> > Subject: Re: [Clipart] OpenClipart added to Ark Linux
> >
> > On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 18:49 +0000, Jonathan Leighton wrote:
> > > Fantastic, thanks.

> > Thanks! How did you all hear about the project and where did you receive
> > notice of the new release from? Also, would you like to be added to an
> > announce list for future releases?
> >
> > To Clip Art PPL: I'm adding and clipart-announce mailing list because of
> > this need.
>
> Ark Linux is an RPM based distribution, so presumably they put together
> the necessary intructions to make an architecture independant package.  I
> do hope it can be passed upstream and integrated into our build/release
> system.
>
> Sincerely
>
> Alan Horkan
>
> Open Clip Art http://OpenClipArt.org

Well, at the same time, this is the reason I created the
clipart-announce list so that people and various distros can be updated
with the releases so that they can build the packages.

However, once I slap my makefile into our packages, I can provide
directives for making rpm, tarballs, etc in one go...It might be good
though for someone to track down the .spec file from an rpm distribution
that we could use for our packaging of rpms as well.

jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

Inkscape (http://inkscape.org)