[Clipart] SVG in OpenDocument

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Tue Jul 12 16:07:31 PDT 2005

Hello all,

Would anyone be interested in following up on the problems between the
OpenDocument format and SVG?

Mental, you seemed most versed in discussing these issues previously. I
fear we are too late! OOo is geared up with OpenDocument support and I
noticed that Krita and other KOffice apps already support the format.
Man, why couldn't OpenDocument just use SVG man...ugh!

Inkscape will need to support import/export of OpenDocument in the near
future. http://books.evc-cit.info/odbook/book.html

I have added two bugs for this for export and import:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1235849&group_id=93438&atid=604309

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1233861&group_id=93438&atid=604309

How do you all feel about? What are your thoughts? If you are interested
in seeing a quick overview of: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDocument

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDocument

Scribus already supports this format as well.

Daniel, could you inform both lists about the state of your discussion
with OASIS about this?

Jon