[Clipart] [Fwd: [discuss] Stop the Manay Scandal]

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Tue Jul 19 00:39:31 PDT 2005

Corey Burger wrote:

> I don't see anything really wrong with that site. The GPL allows
> people to sell software. You just must include the source or provide
> an easy way for them to get it.

Indeed, is hard to see: they claim the discs are free, and you have to
pay only $4.95 for shipping.

But read the fine print (http://www.manay.com/terms_of_use.htm):

"The other two (2) CD’s not selected are yours to evaluate during a ten
(10) day trial period.  If for any reason you decide to return any two
(2) CD’s, you must visit our web site at
http://www.manay.com/CD2017.html or http://www.manay.com/cancelorder.php
on or before the 10th day of the aforementioned trial period and follow
the instructions at such web link to indicate your intention to return
two (2) of the CD’s, and you will not be charged for the 4-CD set.  If
you elect to keep all four (4) CD’s or you otherwise fail to comply with
the foregoing instructions regarding cancellation, you will be billed
the discounted price of $19.95 (which is up to 80% off the store price)
for each of the two (2) evaluation CD’s you decide to keep after the
10-day trial period. "

--
nicu