[Clipart] [Fwd: 500 internal server error]

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Wed Jul 20 20:18:39 PDT 2005

Jonathan Leighton <turnip at turnipspatch.com> writes:

> Changelog is here: http://www.xmltwig.com/xmltwig/Changes
>
> Version 1.6:
>
>       added the XML::Twig::Elt first_descendant method
>
> Hence the problem ; ).

That'll do it.

> I'll see if I can get daniels to upgrade it for us.

If you haven't bugged him yet, it's not necessary.  XML::Twig is pure
Perl, so it doesn't have to be installed system-wide.  We keep it in
our own directory.

> Sooner this is fixed the better.

It's fixed.

For the reference of anyone who uses XML::Twig:

There is an up-to-date copy of XML::Twig in
/srv/clipart.freedesktop.org/lib/perl/site_perl

The version in /srv/clipart.freedesktop.org/lib/perl/5.8.3 is
obsolete.  Of course, the version of Perl we're using is 5.8.4, and
the 5.8.3 directory tree is a relic of the old setup from before
December, so we needed to move away from using the 5.8.3 tree anyway.
The upload_svg.cgi now no longer uses it, nor the 5.8.4 one either,
only the site_perl tree.  (The 5.8.4 tree is not obsolete like the
5.8.3 tree, but it also doesn't happen to contain any modules the
upload script needs.)

Moral of the story:  if you are using SVG::Metadata,
don't use lib '/srv/clipart.freedesktop.org/lib/perl/5.8.3'