[Clipart] [dmp at aterwynne.com: RE: Question on Tux trademark]

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon Jul 25 16:47:13 PDT 2005

On Mon, 2005-07-25 at 13:21 -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> With our recent discussion about PD and trademarks, I re-checked my
> email with our lawyer about the Tux logo.  I think that even here, it's
> clear that Tux is not public domain.  Thus I think that maybe Tux plus
> all Tux-derivative logos can't be considered public domain.  What do
> others think?

I agree...the only way we could include it is to get the original author
to put it into the public domain. I wonder if the original author makes
any money on the tux logo? Honestly, I can see the logic of a closed
copyright on logos.

Jon

----- Forwarded message from Diane Peters <dmp at aterwynne.com> -----