[Clipart] search problems

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Thu Jul 28 22:54:10 PDT 2005

momo wrote:
> Problem with the search on openclipart.org.
>
> It is almost impossible to search for a piece of clipart on the website,
> because the search seems not to work correctly.
>
> For example try to search for the word "eyes". Nothing.
> Now try the same with the word "eye". 2 files... quite poor results,
> when there are more clip art with this keywords (personally I submitted
> a few with those keywords).

AFAIK, you submitted those "eye" images this month, so they will be
included in the next release, which is a few days away.
the current search tool does not look inside the "incoming" folder, only
in the released repository.

> When you input "ey", it doesn't find anything (should normally find
> anyting beginning with these 2 letters, and among them the 2 files found
> previously with the word "eye").
>
> But now try to put 3 words at a time (for example "eyes eyes eyes"). It
> then shows all the content of the library and doesn't seem to somehow
> react to the keywords.
>
> Are there plans to redesign the website? Because lots of usability
> things have to be improved. (not only search)

Last time the website had a major redesign about one year ago. Concrete
proposals (either on this list or bugzilla) are welcomed.

--
nicu