[Clipart] Image submission

Matthew Gates matthew at porpoisehead.net
Tue Jun 7 09:53:06 PDT 2005

Hi,

The submission page of the web-site seems to act a little strangely - I
clicked on "send file", and got the form to fill in the details.  I
selected an incorrect keyword, so I clicked "back" in my browser,
expecting to be able to start again (I had not pressed the "send" button
on the form).  But my submission was already in the "recent submissions"
list.  So now there are two of my file.  I've noticed other people have
been caught out by this too - I've seen multiple submissions of the same
file before...

It's not a massive problem so long as the post processing knows to remove
the oldest copy of a file that is identical to other submissions...

It is a little dis-concerting to the user though.  It would be better that
if the user didn't submit that form, the file were not accepted.  This is
especially important since the user is only told that by submitting they
accept their file will be put into the public domain on the form...  Some
people may read that, think "Oh, I can't do that - I'm not the copyright
holder", and close the window, not knowing their image has been
submitted...

Cheers,
--
Matthew