[Clipart] Off-topic: Annoucning Linux anniversary picnic & a logo creation contest

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Mon Jun 27 22:51:42 PDT 2005

Gerald Ganson wrote:
> I did B&W in this instance because at least 1/2 if the intended use,
> likely more, will be laser printed menus or flyers.
> Since B&W just comes off cleaner in this application, I decided to do
> both.
>
> You'll find I do this from time to time.
>
> Glad to hear the list approves, I was worried that it might be seen as
> redundant, since a user could edit out the colours.

That depends on what we consider our user base.
I am myself "guilty" of submitting sometimes various color variations of
the same image.

If the user is an Inkscape user, then yes, is very easy to change the
colors but if he insert the image in an office application (Abiword,
OpenOffice.org) then is not possible for him to edit the image at all,
so is useful to have variations of the same image.

--
nicu