[Clipart] Introduction to the Open Clip Art Library

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Thu Jun 30 02:59:53 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 11:33 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Bryce Harrington wrote:
> >
> >   Do the
> >   librarians also contribute a lot of clipart, or are the roles really
> >   separate?
>
> I also thought about this, AFAIK each librarian has contributes at least
> a few images (usually more than that). Jon says something about the
> separation of the roles being not very clear (don't remember the exact
> quote), it may be enough?

It might be more logical just to say the community consists of people
who assume 3 different roles:

1.) users

2.) artists

3.) librarians / developers

I think this would be a good change. Do you agree?

> And a late idea: how about emphasizing about how friendly is the
> community and the communication channels: mailing list, IRC, blogs?

That is good too for the community section. I know that part needs to be
firmed up more, so suggestions are welcome.

jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

Inkscape (http://inkscape.org)
CVS Book (http://cvsbook.ucsd.edu)