[Clipart] Introduction to the Open Clip Art Library

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Thu Jun 30 03:56:34 PDT 2005

Jon Phillips wrote:

> Right, I remember we had a big discussion about how we weren't going to
> call it OCAL, but it is kind of impossible. If you all are okay with
> then I will change. Part of this paper is conjecture on some things and
> trying to set precedents on some parts, like Library. But I think it
> will be easier to refer to as OCAL.

Yes, he had a big discussion and the arguments to not use an acronyms
were very compelling. But when witting an email so the list, is so easy
to use just 4 letters instead of the full name...

As you said, when using Library the conjecture is important, because it
is a very common term ans is easy to confuse the reader.

--
nicu