[Clipart] 3000+ SVG files available

Raymond Penners dotsphinx at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 03:50:14 PST 2005

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 03:23:21 -0800, Jon Phillips <jon at rejon.org> wrote:
> However, if these images are public domain elsewhere and this person
> collected them, then we can use them. However, that first place they were
> taken from should be known (and probably embedded into the document).

I am under the impression that the images are in the public domain,
but that the author of the web site added that other statement to
simply stop people from copying the clipart collection into other
sites or onto CDs so that his web traffic (read: ad revenue) is kept
in place.

Anyway, this is just speculation though. I sent him an email, and
hopefully the answer clarifies things. If not, then perhaps I will put
the SVG collection up on my own site because I really do feel that the
claims made on kamsart.com are unjust.

Regards,
--
Raymond Penners -*- raymond at dotsphinx.com -*- www.dotsphinx.com