[Clipart] release

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Sun Mar 6 15:10:00 PST 2005

"Stephen Silver" <ocalocal at btinternet.com> writes:

> Jonadab wrote:
>
>> The .zip file is in place now:
>> http://www.openclipart.org/downloads/0.11/openclipart-0.11.zip
>
> There's a 28-megabyte core file in the logos subdirectory.

Ouch!  That could help explain why the uploads took so long!

Can someone with better bandwidth remove it?  If I do it, we're
looking at several more hours of upload time before the replacement
release files are ready.

> Where are the zips of failed files kept?

For this release and the previous two releases, there's a
openclipart-relnum-failed.zip alongside the other files:

http://www.openclipart.org/downloads/openclipart-0.09-failed.zip
http://www.openclipart.org/downloads/0.10/openclipart-0.10-failed.zip
http://www.openclipart.org/downloads/0.11/openclipart-0.11-failed.zip

> We need a better procedure for dealing with failed files - most of
> them are just damaged by the upload process and could easily be
> fixed.

Some of them could be.  I've been saving the .png and other non-vector
submissions also, in the wrongformat directory (within the failed
zip), in case we later decide to either produce a separate package of
them, or hand them off to another project or whatever.  They have .rdf
metadata (as specified at upload time), but there aren't enough of
them at present to warrant a separate release, IMO, and mixing them
together with the vector clipart also seems to me like the wrong
approach, so for now they are in the failed zipfiles.

Also, for 0.11 I put some trademark-depictions in there, in a
trademark subdirectory, though I'm sure I didn't catch all of them.