[Clipart] RE: Abi-Clipart - Vectoize question ?

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Fri May 13 00:35:13 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-12 at 13:42 -0600, Gerald Ganson wrote:
> I was browsing around on WIKI this afternoon, and found the link to
> Abi-Clipart.
> They obviously get a fair amount of content from OpenClipart.
>
> I don't know much about PNG and file formats etc, but it appears that
> many of their PNG files are not, and have never been, vectors.
>
> Just wondering though. Since they also list all the clips as public
> domain, is
> it a good idea to possibly vectorize some of these files at some point
> and
> submit them as SVG to open clipart ?

Well, I really want to write a program that scraps public domain imagery
and either convert, or enters into our repository. This could be a
spider.

Anyhow, to vectorize their imagery would be okay, it might not be the
best way to convert their imagery to an actually editable SVG file. Many
times by hand is the best way to trace over bitmap images.

KOREA PH 010.3140.7483
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org

Inkscape (http://inkscape.org)