[Clipart] InkScape Download

Jonadab the Unsightly One jonadab at bright.net
Sun Nov 20 12:21:13 PST 2005

Alan Horkan <horkana at maths.tcd.ie> writes:

> (You should use the windows search tool to find preferences.xml but
> it is probably somewhere under "Documents and
> Settings/username/Application Data/".)  Although it could be
> something else entirely...

Since he said Windows XP specifically, that's probably where it is,
unless he or his system administrator has manually changed that (e.g.,
by messing with the directory locations in TweakUI or regedit).

Under another version of Windows it could be in a different location,
however.  For instance, in Windows 98 it would probably be somewhere
within the Windows directory, possibly under Profiles, or possibly
not, depending on how the user accounts are set up.

Note also that the Application Settings directory, for reasons that I
do not fully understand, is hidden by default, so Explorer.exe will,
by default, not show it to you.  This can be adjusted in the Folder
Options, which you can find in the menus of any Explorer.exe window
(e.g., the My Computer window) or, I think, in the control panel.

--
Open Clip Art Library:  Drawing Together
http://www.openclipart.org/