[Clipart] Use of Open Clip Art Library

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.org
Thu Nov 24 09:32:39 PST 2005

On Thu, Nov 24, 2005 at 12:42:39PM +0200, Nicu Buculei (OCAL) wrote:
> Open Clip Art Library Feedback Form wrote:
> >Name: Bernoud Jonker
> >
> >Dear Sir,
> >
> >This e-mail is about the commercial use of the Open Clip Art Library.
> >

> >We have build an commercial CMS application. This CMS application is
> >virtually sold via internet and physical sold and distributed via
> >retailorganisations (currently only in the Netherlands). To support
> >our users we want to add some cliparts to an on-line library.
> >
> >My question to you is: are we allowed to use the Open Clip Art
> >library file to pick some (500 - 1.000 ex) cliparts for use in our
> >library, as part of an commercial package.
> >
> >Thanks in advance for your reply.
>
> The images are released as Public Domain, so yes, you are allowed to use
> them as your will: http://creativecommons.org/license/publicdomain-2?lang=en

While not required, it would also be appreciated if you included a
pointer to the Open Clip Art Library, and if you encourage your users to
submit their clipart here as well.

We don't expect anything in return, but if you're in a giving mood,
you could make a a donation or code contribution to an open source
project of your choice in OCAL's name.