[Clipart] License problem for cards clipart

Nicu Buculei nicu at apsro.com
Tue Oct 18 09:03:28 PDT 2005

Nathan Eady wrote:
>>I just browsed into the open clip art library and I discovered that
>>four cliparts for cards signs are very similar to those I use and I
>>originaly designed for my SVG-cards deck. You can find them in
>>http://www.openclipart.org/cgi-bin/navigate/recreation/games/cards
>>and you can find my svg-cards at http://david.bellot.free.fr
>
> To clarify, are you talking about the ones that were submitted
> by Jean-Victor Balin?

If he talk about the symbols by Jean-Victor Balin I think he is right,
is a copyright violation and we should remove the images ASAP.

> Also, have you actually looked at the source XML and compared?

Without looking at the source, I examined a club from David and the one
from Jean: both have one identical visual bug and both are groups of 7
basic shapes (the same shapes).

PS: David, your intention to keep your cards LGPL was one of my main
motivation to create an alternate pack:
http://www.openclipart.org/cgi-bin/navigate/recreation/games/cards/ornamental