[Clipart] Opening Download

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon Oct 31 07:19:31 PST 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 22:09 -0700, Open Clip Art Library Feedback Form
wrote:
> Name: Bill Ellis
> E-mail: ellis28 at mac.com
>

> I have downloaded from the Open Clip Art Library 0.17, the item ZIP
> format [ 85 M, only vector files - openclipart - 0.17-svgonly ] but
> am then unable to open and use the individual clip art categories.
>     Should I have downloaded a different item ??        My operating
> system is OSX 10.3.9 with M/S Office 2004 as well as iWork and
> Stuffit 10.0 installed.
> Any advice / help would be appreciated.

Well, SVG files do not work inside of Office or iWork. I recommend
installing the OS X version of Inkscape (www.inkscape.org) to operate on
the SVG, and export to other formats you might need.

SVG is a public standard of w3.org, so using SVG insures it will be
around for some time.

Also, to Open Clip Art Library devs: it would be great if we could ship
svg2png apps for WIN32 and MACOSX. I wonder if it would be worth it to
make a simple GUI wrapper for these apps in order to provide another
level of accessibility to others...however, this is just more work which
we really don't have time for unless someone steps up to the plate to
make something like this....just a thought :)

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org