[Clipart] Re: Klipart and Open Clip Art Library

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Thu Sep 8 13:29:00 PDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-08 at 21:09 +0200, Inge Wallin wrote:
> On Thursday 08 September 2005 19.57, Jon Phillips wrote:
> > Hello KOffice devels,
> >
> > I'm a project lead on the Open Clip Art Library. I have attempted to
> > contact the contacts for the Klipart project to see how Open Clip Art
> > Library's clip art collection could absorb Klipart since it seems like
> > no activity has taken place in some time on that project.
> >
> > Who should I contact and how shall I proceed?
>
> I don't think that Klipart is being developed any more.
>
> > Also, how can Open Clip Art Library better integrate with KOffice? In
> > what ways can we better work together in the future?
>
> A clipart browser would be good.  If you want to do something within KOffice,
> an improved SVG import / export for Karbon would be good.
>
> I understand that that is probably our job, and not your, but if you are
> looking for opportunities to help... :-)

I'm pretty overcommitted right now, but I want to facilitate
collaboration and sharing between projects.

Maybe the klipart site could be redirected to Open Clip Art Library. I'm
all about consolidating information. :)

I would like to work on some qt-based code though sometime in the
future, but not right now.

Yes, I would also like to see Karbon support creativecommons.org
metadata like Inkscape does. This shouldn't be too difficult at all.

Any developers interested in hacking?

Also, we now have a gtk based clipart browser project that is in
Inkscape's CVS. Maybe some of this code could be adapted for a KDE
component? In the interim, it can be run alongside other KOffice apps
and hopefully drag and drop works as well as it does for GTK+ based
apps.

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org