[Clipart] SVN or CVS to get the repository?

Jose Hevia jose.francisco.hevia at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 02:59:03 PDT 2005

2005/9/9, Open Clip Art Library Feedback Form <noreply at openclipart.org>:

> Name: Bèr Kessels
> E-mail: ber at webschuur.com
>

> Hello,
> I was wondering if there is an SVN or CVS (or any other easy to get
> RCS) repository for openclipart. That way I do not have to download
> the full tarball every time. Saves me & you bandwidth. But is also
> more friendly, since it just adds (instead of having to replace the
> old on) my local repository.
> I am especially thinking of the added simplicity for 3rd party
> projects to track the repository.
>
> If not, please let me know, for I might be able to get such a
> repository going on our servers, if you are interested, that is.

One of the things I miss is openclipart in the edonkey web. I know
it's slower than directly, but the speed grows with the number of
sharing people, and it will never fail as the server go down, for the
slow connection people lets them to download in weeks too. Seems
clipart has to be illegal to be posted(MS , adobe clipart...).
To be an "all in one package" has it problems. Maybe it could be
splited chronologically, so new clipart could be downloaded
separately. (base-clipart,Autumn-2005, winter-2005 or so)

        Jose Hevia