[Clipart] SVN or CVS to get the repository?

Nathan Eady eady at galion.lib.oh.us
Fri Sep 9 13:54:01 PDT 2005

> Hello,
> I was wondering if there is an SVN or CVS (or any other easy to get
> RCS) repository for openclipart. That way I do not have to download
> the full tarball every time. Saves me & you bandwidth.

Our plan is to put out an "update release" most months that includes
just the new or changed clipart since the last release; the last
two months we have not done this (the first time because of some
technical limitations, and the second time because I just forgot),
but I've written it into our release procedure so that hopefully
it will be done in the future.

CVS or a similar system is really not practical, however (for
reasons that have been discussed at length on the list already;
see the mailing list archives if you are curious), so for now
the update release would be a .zip or tarball each month with
just the new or updated clipart in it.  Eventually we want to
move to a Document Management System that would be able to
handle this sort of thing rather better, but that is still
very much a work in progress.