[Clipart] Updating artwork

Nathan Eady eady at galion.lib.oh.us
Fri Sep 9 13:44:50 PDT 2005

Dan Gerhards wrote:
> So there will be a duplicate if I update the artwork. How would I get the
> older version removed? Would an edit request get to the right person?

If you make a note of it on the Clipart Requests page, under
Edit Requests, something along the lines of "the image in
people/elvis_presley_bob_01.svg is obsoleted by the new
image that is in people/elvis_presley_bob_02.svg, please
remove the old one and keep just the new one", it should
get fixed eventually.  I try to go through those edit
requests at release time when I have time and remember,
which in practice has been about every other release or
so lately.

Note that the long-term solution involving the DMS will be
much more elegant than this, and much more immediate, and
rather easier, once it is in place, but it's just not
done yet.  We started collecting clipart before we really
were fully ready to collect clipart, because it was felt
that it was important to go ahead and get started.