[Clipart] Use of ClipArt in HeadCase

Elliott Bignell elliott.bignell at t-online.de
Fri Apr 28 09:10:54 PDT 2006

Hello, Nicu,

Thanks for the clarification. My feeling is that even if nothing is
expected, something is due. I closed the company due to limited sales and am
now only developing HeadCase as a hobby and marginal source of income, but
it is still technically a commercial app. I may in fact go Open Source to
breathe some life into the project, but I invested a great deal of
perspiration in it and effectively admitting that it will never make me a
living is a painful step! Still, I feel that it is unique enough to be worth
saving and Open Source could be the way. Just for your information, it is a
Windows-only app written 98% in C++ using ATL COM with a thin VB wrapper, is
largely undocumented and in a few areas in need of serious refactoring, and
was created with the best of object-oriented intentions but has in a few
places sprawled! It will need tidying up.

What I could perhaps do is open the evolutionary algorithm and associated
picture-creation objects for re-use, perhaps in Inkscape, and perhaps with
help adapt it to write SVG files for the archive?

Best wishes...
Elliott