[Clipart] cchost and svg status update

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) nicu at apsro.com
Thu Aug 17 22:45:42 PDT 2006

Bryce Harrington wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 07:04:08AM -0400, Roan Horning wrote:
>
>> We'll have
>> to figure out what the policy is for accounts with no email addresses.
>
> It might be best to set aside contributions that don't have an email
> address associated with it for now.  I'm not sure if the public domain
> statement for those works are going to be legally certain enough if
> there's no email address.

Historically we have *not* asked for an email address, we have not even
suggested one, the upload page have no mention of email, so obviously, a
lot of people din not provide one and now the large majority of images
lack the email address of the author.
Examples: I did not include an email address in my images, the flag
collection coming from Sodipodi also lack any address.

And there is good reason for people to avoid putting the address in
metadata: SVG files can be parsed by any crawler and the addresses
inside gathered by malicious spammers.

To a lesser degree the same can be argued for the file lacking the full
name of the author, some people just don't want to reveal their real
identity on the web (example: top Inkscape developers), we don't want to
accept contributions from those people?

I would vote to presume all our previous contributors innocent and act
only if we have some proof against.

--
nicu
my cool Fedora wallpapers: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/wallpapers/