[Clipart] image removal

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Tue Dec 5 01:19:19 PST 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-05 at 10:40 +0200, Open Clip Art Library Feedback Form
wrote:
> Name: Wes DeBoer
> E-mail: wes at wesdeboer.com
>

> http://openclipart.org/clipart//signs_and_symbols/vancouver_city_badge_wes_01.svg
>
> can i get this image removed, the city of vancouver has asked that i
> take it down. thanks.

Yes, I just went onto our server and directly downloaded this file.

I'm not sure if this is the best way to remove these old ones, but it
works now and I don't want us to get bad press for this type of illegal
file.

However, we are probably harboring a ton of illegal content in our
packages and I wonder what we should do about it...also, this is a
reason to not have packaged releases...however, what happens if you have
some illegal file in something like CVS or SVN and you delete it from
there...one could still go back in time and get the file, right?

I think bad to erase the past, but good to make sure we are compliant
int he present int he future, however law might have something else to
say...esp. since someone could still access the infringing file(s)
(while it is harder and or requires searching through old, but
accessible packages).

What do you all think?

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894