[Clipart] Open Clip Art at On-Disk.com

Karlie Robinson karlie_robinson at webpath.net
Fri Dec 29 05:17:42 PST 2006

---------- Original Message -----------
From: "Nicu Buculei (OCAL)" <nicu at apsro.com>
To: clipart at lists.freedesktop.org
Cc: karlie_robinson at webpath.net
Sent: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 09:10:25 +0200
Subject: Re: [Clipart] Open Clip Art at On-Disk.com

> Alan Horkan wrote:
> > On Thu, 28 Dec 2006, Open Clip Art Library Feedback Form wrote:
> >
> [...]
> >> All the details can be found at the Developers Portal, including how
> >> the funds generated by the discs would be paid out to you.
> [...]
> >
> > As far as I remember nothing is setup to accept cash donations as we were
> > primarily expecting artwork contributions.  However I'm sure finanicial
> > help could be very helpful for bringing OpenClipart.org to exhibtions and
> > conventions as well as allowing contributors to meet each other face to
> > face.
>
> Cash donations can be made by the way of Inkscape
>
> (http://www.inkscape.org) with which we are affiliated and, as fair
> as I know, Inkscape is able to receive such donations (as a member
> of Software Freedom Conservancy).
------- End of Original Message -------

Good morning everyone.

At On-disk.com, we have a history of coming up with creative solutions.

For some distros, like the SuperGamer [1], the project is so new that they
don't have everything in place just yet.  However, since we pay out on a
monthy basis and/or once an account reaches $250US, they can start earning now
knowing it will be a little while before the money needs to be transfered.

Then for projects like Fedora, we were able to create the Sponsored Media
Project [2].

As you may know, Fedora can't accept Cash donations.  But at the time, their
Free Media project was having trouble meeting demand.  We were able to turn
disc orders into Free Media so that others could still participate.

If we need to put our heads together to hash out a solution just for the Open
Clip Art project, then let's do it.  Just let me know what I can do for you.

~Karlie Robinson

[1] http://supergamer.org
[2] http://on-disk.com/content.php?citem=on-disk/2006/Fedora-FreeMedia.php