[Clipart] ccHost - how to add file types

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sun Feb 12 23:47:30 PST 2006

On Sun, 2006-02-12 at 21:19 +0100, Tobias Jakobs wrote:
> Am Sonntag, den 12.02.2006, 09:35 -0800 schrieb Bryce Harrington:
> > I found where we add file types:  It's in cchost/cclib/cc-getid3.php, in
> > list of code elements like this:
> >

> >          $file_formats['audio-aiff-aiff'] =  array(
> >            'name'       => 'aif',
> >            'description' => 'AIFF Audio',
> >            'enabled' => true,
> >            'mediatype' => 'audio',
> >            );
> >

> > Could someone create the list of file formats that Open Clip Art Library
> > users will be uploading?  Looks like we need the mimetype as well as the
> > extension.

Can you all add this to the wiki page
(http://openclipart.org/wiki/index.php/CcHost#Development_on_ccHost), or
link to it from the wiki page please? Thanks!

>         $file_formats['image-svg'] =  array(
>           'name'       => 'svg',
>           'description' => 'Scalable Vector Graphics',
>           'enabled' => true,
>           'mediatype' => 'image',
>           );
>
>         $file_formats['image-svgz'] =  array(
>           'name'       => 'svgz',
>           'description' => 'Scalable Vector Graphics gzip-compressed',
>           'enabled' => true,
>           'mediatype' => 'image',
>           );
>
> For SVG the mimetype is:
> MIME media type name: image
> MIME subtype name: svg+xml
>
> Some links:
> http://wiki.svg.org/index.php?title=Server_Configuration
> http://www.w3.org/TR/SVGMobile12/mimereg.html
> http://www.webmaster-toolkit.com/mime-types.shtml
>
> Other Filetypes we may use:
>
> .pdf application/pdf
> .wmf windows/metafile
>
> .gz application/gzip
> .zip application/zip
> .zip application/x-compressed
> .zip application/x-zip-compressed
> .zip multipart/x-zip
>
> .gtar application/x-gtar
> .gz application/x-compressed
> .gz application/x-gzip
> .gzip application/x-gzip
> .gzip multipart/x-gzip
> .tar application/x-tar
> .tgz application/gnutar
> .tgz application/x-compressed
> .bz application/x-bzip
> .bz2 application/x-bzip2

Also, on another note...we need to ascertain if we can add our file
metadata needs to getid3.sf.net. I haven't really looked into fully, but
it would be good to check this out and move forward depending on what is
discovered. How can we best support SVG filetypes and the use of CC
metadata?

These changes you post about above would need to be added as patches to
getid3, so we need to decide a course of action and move on it.

The file mechanisms are abstracted in cchost as the original developer
has explained to me previously. Possibly he (hi victor) can outline for
us where this is in the code, and how to move forward in order to add
support for SVG files (including the compressed versions and packages)
to cchost.

Victor, the list of file types we would like to support are above.
Adding all these different compressed file types would be a great
addition, as well as the support for PDF, right?

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org
http://www.rejon.org