[Clipart] logo

Nathan Eady eady at galion.lib.oh.us
Tue Feb 14 11:02:30 PST 2006

Nathan Eady wrote:
> That seems a bit better.
> On browsers that support CSS well.
> IE users are still out in the cold for now, though.

Known remaining problems:
 * At resolutions less than about 850px wide, text overlaps.
 * We're back to having a worse-than-useless search box in
   our header.  It doesn't work, even for finding the test
   images that have been uploaded, but always just reloads the
   front page.  Also, text typed into the search box is styled
   with a system-default foreground and a site-specified background,
   which makes it nearly illegible for me (if I have page colors
   enabled) and is generally considered Very Bad Practice.
 * All of banner-html starts lower on the page than I would like;
   it is not vertically centered on the colored header background.
 * On legacy browsers, most of the content of banner-html is not
   visible except where it overlaps other text, and is not legible
   there, nor is the text that it overlaps legible either, unless
   the user selects it.  This is because it is positioned below
   the colored bar, rather than on it.  Only the logo image
   appears where it is supposed to.