[Clipart] logo

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.org
Tue Feb 14 14:34:34 PST 2006

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 05:03:38PM -0500, Nathan Eady wrote:
> I don't know enough PHP to access the difficulty, but I can tell
> you that solving these issues is going to mean changing the PHP,
> not just the plug-in values.

Hmm, ok well perhaps we could get Victor's advice on this one.  It might
be something he could fix fairly easily.  But if nothing else, what
you've done so far with the header looks acceptable at least in firefox,
so wouldn't be a showstopper if we couldn't find a PHP person to do some
refactoring on it right away.

> Some are more important than others.  The most important ones, I'd
> think, would be the ones that make portions of the page illegible,
> i.e., the first and last ones on the list above.  After that, the
> search breakage is probably more important than the purely cosmetic
> issue, although I'd be tempted to solve it by styling the search
> box in the header as display: none; and putting a search box in
> a more sensible location.

Ah, is the breakage of the search simply due to styling?  If that's the
case, then yeah I agree; let's just move it to a better location.

> However, *none* of these issues are as important as making .svg
> upload work.  Nothing else regarding ccHost is of any real value
> to OCAL until that particular issue is solved.

Right, this is the #1 issue.  I spent some time looking into it last
night and sorting out how file types work.  Thankfully with the advice
and help from Victor and James I think I can get it going.  It might
take longer for things like .svgz and tarballs and so on, but those will
all build on the core .svg functionality.

Soo...  Assuming the .svg upload works, the next thing would be ensuring
there are mechanisms for downloading and browsing the whole collection,
like what we have now.  I haven't investigated those capabilities at
all, but am assuming it either works or would be straightforward to
implement, so it'd be great if someone could look into this.