[Clipart] Translations

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.org
Tue Feb 14 19:10:53 PST 2006

On Tue, Feb 14, 2006 at 06:34:20PM -0800, Victor Stone wrote:
> Sorry this didn't make it in today but I wanted to make extra sure that
> I'm covering the right scenario(s).
>
> What you guys want is:
>
> 1) To setup an English site, with custom menus, navigation tabs, submit
> forms, form lables, tips and help.
>
> 2) Have translators make internation version of all that
>
> 3) Allow different locales to specify a language
>
> 4) Allow individual installations to customize menus, etc. further

Actually just 1-3.  We don't expect to support any other installations
beyond our own, except possibly exact mirrors.

Also, #2 and #3 are far, far lower priorities than #1.  It's been a long
time since anyone offered to do translations of the site, although I
suspect if the capability is there we will find people with an interest
in doing it.

> --------------------------------
>
> If that's the case, do the following steps make sense (all of this can
> be done with admin screens):
>
> For the English setup:
>
> 1) Customize menus
> 2) Customize navigation tabs
> 3) Cusomtize submit forms
> 4) Edit strings for forms, tips and help
> 5) Push the 'translate' button to save that all out to 'en' (or 'en-art'
> whatever)
>
> For the locale specific:
>
> 1) Edit string table (this would cover all menus, tabs, etc.)
> 2) Set their language as default
>
> For individual sites:
>
> 1) Customize menus
> 2) Customize nav tabs
> 3) Customize submit forms.
>

> How's that sound? (Now you know why I didn't check it all in today ;))

Sounds great.  Again our current top priority would the for all the
items in the English setup.

Thanks,