[Clipart] Re: openclipart.org hacked? what happened???

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Mon Feb 27 23:00:50 PST 2006

On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 08:39 +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> Jon Phillips wrote:
> >
> > We are not going anywhere! The site infrastructure has been going
> > through a transition for our hosting provider, freedesktop.org, and we
> > are eager to get changes online as soon as possible.
>
> I do not understand one thing: if OCAL and Planet OCAL are down because
> of server migration at f.d.o, then why OpenFontLibrary, Create and
> Inkscape Planet/Wiki are up and working?
> Are you sure our site was not disabled for some unknown reason?

Actually, the site is down, as I just found out, because pdx saw that
our site was peaking out over 2-3 days from too many downloads and they
thought it is/was possibly serving warez so they shut down. Daniel Stone
is looking into...

You all can help by looking through the log file and seeing what the
deal. I'm hopeful that someone is either: a.) downloading from us in
bulk b.) a bot is downloading in bulk

Anyhow, the log is viewable here:

/var/log/apache2/clipart.freedesktop.org-access.log.1

Check the error log there as well...

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org