[Clipart] Open Clip Art Library belonging to Open Office?

Nicu Buculei (OCAL) nicu at apsro.com
Tue Jan 10 06:37:23 PST 2006

Open Clip Art Library Feedback Form wrote:
> Name: Kakar
>
> Dear Sirs,
>
> I've got two questions:
>
> 1. Does this clipart library belong to Open Office?

NO, this is an independent project.
However, is true that some contributors to Open Clip Art Library are
also contributors to OpenOffice.org (like me for example)

> 2. Why do you offer cliparts that depict US military equipment, e.g.
> tanks, vehicles etc.??? I don't like to offend you, but this is

Because we think there are some legit uses for those images - for
example in a videogame or a history study.
Fell free to submit clipart representing AK-47 (anecdote: AK-47 is the
only weapon i used ever, in my army duty), T-34, MiG 21 or whatever, we
will gladly accept it.

> really making customers afraid because we're civilized and don't want
> to collaborate with armies, especially the US army that is involved in
> brutal campaigns, killing hundreds of thousands of people and making
> millions homeless & agonized.

Nope, removing them would be censorship.
We believe in free speech, got in the past similar requests for
historical flags, body parts, religious symbols, etc. and resisted them.

> I hope you understand & take the serious measure which is to remove
> all the US military cliparts!!

You see to much into this, those images have no politicall meaning at
all, we are a software and art project, composed from people from all
the world, we don't endorse the policy of any state.
Personally, i am against USA war against the entire world but this is a
matter completely unrelated to our project here.

--
nicu