[Clipart] Open Clip Art Library belonging to Open Office?

Jose Hevia jose.francisco.hevia at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 06:40:20 PST 2006

2006/1/10, Open Clip Art Library Feedback Form <noreply at openclipart.org>:

> Name: Kakar
> E-mail: tareq85 at web.de
>

> Dear Sirs,
>
> I've got two questions:
>
> 1. Does this clipart library belong to Open Office?
No, it's public domain. It belongs to we all. Openclipart is only a
web holder. Freedesktop helped the project, if I'm not wrong.

> 2. Why do you offer cliparts that depict US military equipment, e.g.
> tanks, vehicles etc.??? I don't like to offend you, but this is
> really making customers afraid because we're civilized and don't want
> to collaborate with

armies, especially the US army that is involved in
> brutal campaigns, killing hundreds of thousands of people and making
> millions homeless & agonized.

Because it can be done. Well, I'm not american and we could discuss if
US made the right thing entering Iraq,or so, but I will not vote for
removing weapons imaginary, because I like planes, tanks and cruisers.
They are not the problem as knife and light bulbs are not killers per
se.
If you just want to make an ocal archive without military equipment
you are welcome, but ocal has a policy to don't remove anything unless
its copyrighted.