[Clipart] Call for Participation - Who is interested in joining and helping Open Clip Art Library

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Thu Jan 19 11:17:06 PST 2006

Hello everyone,

It seems that many of the core developers (Bryce, Jonadab, and myself
for example) have been busy with other projects, and thus, haven't had
time to contribute some necessary time to:

0.) Get more people involved

1.) Fix the outstanding upload 0-byte (file zero'ing) process (which is
frustrating and turning away users)

2.) Install ccHost as the new site solution

3.) Cut releases (like 0.19).

4.) Close bugs on our bug tracker

5.) Answer questions on the mailing list

6.) Implement feature requests

So, I'm sending out this bat signal to drum up support for these tasks.
However, more importantly, I hope to encourage some new people to
contribute to the project.

On the mailing list there seems to be several new people contributing.
Momo, you have been answering so many questions on the mailing list
which is so helpful. Also, Tobias and Jose, you both are constantly
excellent at replying to emails on the mailing list

I would like to encourage you all and others as new team members by
helping you achieve what you are interested in learning and doing on the
project.

For example, who needs access to our server to be able to help fix
web/software bugs (php/html/css)? Also, who needs help knowing how to
edit the website, fix bugs, etc.? Who would like admin access on the
wiki to ban spammers and help shape content more effectively?

Anyhow, I'm sending this to encourage new people and to seek broad new
levels of participation on the Open Clip Art Library to keep the project
building and alive. New life is vital to the projects continued success
and anyway that I can help new people, I will do.

Please reply to this email if you have specific interests that you would
like help accomplishing. Also, please reply if you specifically want to
help on developing the tools that power the project. This is where we
need the most help.

Sincerely,

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894