[Clipart] Hidden Links on OpenClipArt Wiki

Jon Phillips jon at rejon.org
Sat Jan 21 18:48:48 PST 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 08:46 +0200, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> BC Holmes wrote:
> >
> > I somehow managed to stumble on some odd stuff in the OpenClipArt Wiki.
> > If you look at the source code for
> >
> > http://www.openclipart.org/wiki/index.php/Announcement_18
> >
> > You'll see that there's a huge list of porn site links hiding in a <div>
> > that's virtually invisible because it has a height of one pixel.
>
> Thanks for noticing.
> Anyway, this is a wiki, so anyone can modify it and remove spam, even
> you (I cleaned the page now).
>

> > Looks like the links were added in November by "Chelu".
>
> Can we ban such abusive users?

I'm going to hand out the wiki WikiSysop user/pass to some other users
so that we can all help police/ban/delete improper posts. I can also
grant this access in the db to users who can help police.

Please email me if you would like this access along with your wiki
username.

San Francisco, CA
USA PH 510.499.0894
jon at rejon.org