[Clipart] convert à lot of svg to png

Matthew Gates matthew at porpoisehead.net
Sat Jan 28 08:14:39 PST 2006

OK, batch conversion of SVG -> PNG with The Gimp is done.

http://porpoisehead.net/mysw/index.php?pgid=gimp_svg

If you're interested in converting the whole of OCAL, look at example
3.

I tried running it on openclipart-0.18-svgonly, but after about 12
mins (and ~2000 image converted), my machine got very bogged down -
it was running out of memory.  I think the Gimp is not releasing
memory well enough.

Constructive use of xargs and a suitable parameter should prevent
this.
--
Matthew Gates