[Clipart] Creative Commons Salon, SF, Wed July 12, 6-9 PM @ shinesf.com

Jon Phillips jon at creativecommons.org
Fri Jul 7 03:03:35 PDT 2006

Creative Commons Salon, SF, Wed July 12, 6-9 PM @ shinesf.com

Join us for the July CC Salon, taking place in San Francisco on Wednesday, July
12 from 6pm-9pm at Shine. CC Salon is a casual get-together focused on
conversation and community-building with 2-3 brief presentations from
individuals and groups developing projects with relationship to Creative
Commons. We look forward to seeing you there!

CC Salon – San Francisco
http://www.creativecommons.org/salon
Wednesday, May 10 6-9 PM
Shine (http://shinesf.com/)
1337 Mission Street (between 9th and 10th)
San Francisco

This dynamic salon features:

* Chris Hughes and Jeff Hammerbacher from Facebook (www.facebook.com), the
largest social networking site on college campuses, are presenting about the
overall success of the project and how it ties in with CC.

* Derek Slater and Jason Schultz from the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF,
www.eff.org) are showing the "Corruptibles" Animation and discussing currently
what is happening with copyright in Congress

* We are screening the Creative Commons licensed (BY 2.5) Open Source Movie,
Elephants Dream (www.elephantsdream.org).

* And finally, we want to have "OpenSalon" time for 4-5 quick 5 minute
presentations in rapid fire. Please RSVP (http://upcoming.org/event/85776) if
you are interested in this chance to demo your new project, get feedback from
the community, or shamelessly plug your upcoming event (that relates to CC of
course!).

As with previous CC Salons in SF, this event is posted at Upcoming.org
(http://upcoming.org/event/85776).

Blog entry

Upcoming.org Listing

http://upcoming.org/event/85776

Contribute

We've set up www.creativecommons.org/salon where you can find the latest
information about CC Salon. This also is a place where the community may
contribute ideas, make suggestions, and submit proposals for future events.