[Clipart] Proposal: Merging Open Clipart Library into Inkscape

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.org
Sun Jul 9 20:00:07 PDT 2006

On Sun, Jul 09, 2006 at 10:36:00PM +0200, Patricia wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think we should not change because wikipedia based all cliparts on OCAL...
>
> Contributors of wikip?dia will have to change all links of the source of
> their clipart particulary in wikicommon...

This is a good point, however I don't think it'll be a problem, because
we can continue to use the openclipart.org domain name, and just
redirect links to the inkscape site where appropriate.  Also, if we plan
on doing a major url change (as we probably will need to do in moving to
ccHost anyway), perhaps we can give wikimedia warning about this, so
they can automate the link conversion (I imagine it'd just take a simple
SQL update command.)

> I just come back to the mailing list to help on OCAL after many months
> (maybe years ? :-p)

Cool, welcome back.  :-)

> I may help as I do on wikipedia (I already help on french translation on
> the wiki, see the FAQ)

I will set you up with access for the wiki either tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks,