[Clipart] Massive amounts of linkspam on the wiki

Bryce Harrington bryce at bryceharrington.org
Sun Jun 11 17:24:25 PDT 2006

On Sun, Jun 11, 2006 at 12:42:52AM +0100, Theresa Knott wrote:
> The wiki appears to have only 4 admins. None of who are active!

I'm one of these inactive admins.  :-/
(My inactivity is due to the need to focus time into another of my
projects, Inkscape, which is in the process of creating a new release
soon.)

> I've just removed all the linkspam from the article space.
> http://www.openclipart.org/wiki/index.php?title=Special:Contributions&target=Theresa+Knott

Thanks for this!  A few weeks ago I implemented a number of spam
protection measures (including a filter to prevent <div> inserts), and
cleared out as much spam as I had time for.  I'm sure my fixes have not
prevented all possible spam, and I'm certain I didn't clear out all the
spam already in the system, so I really appreciate your work clearing
things up.  Sadly wiki spam seems to be an endless duty...

Would you mind, I am curious what proportion of the spam you found had
been added prior to my fixes (around May 17), and which occurred after.
If most of the spam you had to fix occurred after that, we may need to
take more drastic action (such as locking down the entire wiki from any
further changes.)

Thanks,