[Clipart] Bounding boxes in adobe and Graphic Converter?

Nick Macdonald macdonaldnicholas at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 23 09:28:10 PST 2006

Hi - I hope this is the right forum to raise this issue in - I am
having some issues with clip art from openclipart.org on Mac OS X. An
example is the file cloud_r.svg from the callouts section.

It opens fine in inkscape, Seamonkey, Firefox and Gimp, but in Adobe
for Safari, and Graphic Converter, the file is clipped to 400x400,
and the rest discarded. I raised this issue with the author of
graphic converter, and he says that the file is faulty, and, indeed,
looking at the text of the file it does seem to declare the height
and width as 400 in the first few lines - do you have any ideas about
this?

It is not an isolated problem with this file, it happens with many
files from the site, from different authors.

Thank you,
Nick

----
Nick Macdonald