[Clipart] Use of flags for Creative Commons DVD

Open Clip Art Library Feedback Form noreply at openclipart.org
Thu May 11 02:53:43 PDT 2006

Name: Daniela Faris, iCommons
E-mail: daniela at icommons.org

Hi!

My name is Daniela, I work for iCommons, a sister organisation of
Creative Commons. To find out more about us please check out
www.icommons.org. We are organising the iCommons Summit, in Rio,
23-25 June. I am producing a DVD, showcasing CC licensed music and
films from all around the world, to be distributed at the
conference.

We are organising the content according to countries, and so I need
pictures of flags of the world. I wanted to use the flags from your
site, but wanted to make 100% sure that I could use these without
copyright implications.

I see that the site is under CC license, and some flags are in the
public domain, but others weren't specifically labelled as such.

The DVD on which these flags will be used, will be distributed for
free (i.e. non-commercial) and no derivatives of the flag will be
created (apart from some slight re-sizing).

Please could you let me know if this is allowed, and if necessary,
what type of attribution should take place.

Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.

Daniela Faris

daniela at icommons.org