[Clipart] ccHost

Open Clip Art Library Feedback Form noreply at openclipart.org
Tue May 30 07:48:06 PDT 2006

Name: Justin the Wikinator
E-mail: touchmewithsynchronicpulses at gmail.com

Hey, I'm just wondering the news on getting that ccHost up and
running.  I'm a Comp. Sci. student who's interested in Creative
Commons (starting up a Free Culture Chapter :
http://carleton.freeculture.org) and I have a vested interest in
seeing ccHost up and running.  I am a generator of geometrically
defined SVG images throught the use of Python scripts.  Currently I'm
working to integrate them with Inkscape.  Because I feel the images
are more for artistic purposes and less like "clipart" I haven't been
uploading my images.  Also, I want attribution for my work, and to be
able to refer viewers to the scripts (which will eventually get
GPL'd).  I have been doing screen captures for my flickr account here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/wikinator in IMAGENERATION category
because as far as I know, there is no web service photo gallery that
hosts SVG images.        I have limited knowledge of PHP, but I'm
intersted in somehow being a part of the process of getting ccHost
running for Open Clipart Library.  I'm not sure how much time I can
commit to the project, but let me know what's going on and what needs
to be done.

Thanks,

Justin the Wikinator